The Importance of a Specialistic Device for an Accurate Diagnosis, TAKAGI Contrast Glaretester
6th February 2020
As a manufacturer of ophthalmic devices, TAKAGI aims to offer specialist devices with a focus on contributing to the development of ophthalmic medical care. By introducing to the market advanced medical tools, ophthalmologists and optometrists can optimise their workflow, diagnose and treat eye conditions efficiently.
The CGT-200 Contrast Glaretester is an example of a highly specialistic device from TAKAGI, and it’s particularly useful for pre/post-cataract and refractive surgery diagnosis and observations.
The need for a specialist device became necessary as cataract surgeries are one of the most frequent operations performed. CGT-200 is excellent in assessing a patient’s vision before and after cataract surgery.
Other eye diseases, besides cataracts, such as glaucoma and diabetic eye diseases can affect the contrast and sensitivity of the patient’s eye.
CGT-2000 Main Features:
Focus on precision and customisation
- Excellence in pre/post-cataract surgery diagnosis, optimal for follow-up observations before and after refractive surgery
- Binocular testing capability, helping to measure the contrast and sensitivity by using real-world conditions; as opposed to monocular testing.
- Variable test distance adjustment, provides detailed assessment of patient’s quality of vision.
- Variable light conditions testing, with adjustable light settings close to the everyday environment (including day, twilight, night, or examiner specified).
- Simple touch-screen operation, during the examination, the testing process is easily performed on the touch screen.
- Pupil monitoring, patient’s pupils are monitored during the testing to ensure accurate results.
- Database storage & customisation, a patient database is created simply by inserting the patient’s details. Additionally, the test setting (i.e. light conditions and distance) can be customised and saved in the database as pre-sets to guarantee an optimal patient workflow.
Remember that regular eye checks are indispensable, don’t miss your eye health check appointment with your local optometrist or ophthalmologist!
Keep an eye on our social feed to find out more about TAKAGI products.