NEW Method for Dry Eye Testing in Just 5 seconds! SMTube, Accurate & Non-invasive
5th December 2019
Quick & Easy Application Method in just 5 seconds!
A NEW method for dry eye testing in only 5 seconds! This video shows how to perform a dry eye diagnosis in 5 seconds using the SMTube strip. It’s quick and easy!
There is no need for anaesthetic eye drops and lengthy patient processing times, and there are two simple methods of testing:
- Without a slit lamp, performed by a nurse or healthcare professional assistant
- With a slit lamp, performed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist
In both cases the application method is the same, this video shows the first method, performed without a slit lamp.
Main Benefits of SMTube Testing VS Schirmer Testing
- 5 second testing: rapid testing means you can maximise your workflow and obtain precise results. Incredible improvement from the Schirmer testing time of 5 minutes!
- Accuracy: improved testing with no false-positive results, compared to the old Schirmer testing method. False-positive results often provided by the Schirmer test due to overstimulation of tear secretion, as the paper is immersed into the lower eyelid for 5 long minutes.
- Ocular safety: it’s one of the main factors considered for the material and structure of the SM Tube strip. Should the tip of the strip touch the cornea or conjunctiva, no damage occurs to the patient’s eye due to the flexible material used
- Non-invasive: contrary to the Schirmer test, dry eye testing with the SMTube strip is non-invasive, and there is no need for aesthetic eye drops
- No training needed: watch this short video to understand how quick & easy it is to use this new method
SMTube is a thin strip constructed with several layers, with a central ditch filled with the blue dye and absorber. The scale is printed on both sides of the absorber to measure the tear meniscus volume, with each SMTube packaged individually in a sterile pouch.
Choose the new and improved method! SMTube is a disposable test which maximises your workflow and offers a fast and comfortable non-invasive diagnosis for the patient.
Please contact us for more information.