The Importance of IOP & Tonometry Testing, TAKAGI SNT-700 Soft Non-Contact Tonometer
23rd January 2020
During January, as part of the Glaucoma Awareness Month, we will highlight TAKAGI specialistic devices used to diagnose glaucoma. Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes damage to the optic nerve and affects millions of people. Find out more about glaucoma here.
The Importance of IOP (intraocular pressure)
The intraocular pressure depends on the quantity of aqueous humor in your eye and how easily it evaporates and leaves the eye. The pressure increases if there is too much fluid build-up, which may press on the optic nerve and damage it. One of the leading causes associated with glaucoma is increased intraocular pressure. The following devices are used to check the intraocular pressure: Non-Contact Tonometer or an Applanation Tonometer and Prism.
Tonometry Testing with TAKAGI SNT-700 Soft Non-Contact Tonometer
Ensuring an easy examination for patients while providing accurate results is one of the main features of TAKAGI SNT-700 Soft Non-Contact Tonometer. Together with other functionalities, such as a colour display with touch screen, user-friendly icons and auto-alignment SNT-700 ensures quick setup and optimises patient workflow.
SNT-700 Main Features
Patient care & safety features are the focus of SNT-700
- Air puff noise control, the air noise emitted during the examination is very gentle, only 55dB; therefore the patients are examined comfortably without being surprised by the air noise.
- Auto-touch alignment & auto-shot functions, ensure easy testing for patients as the eye centre is easily aligned with the centre of the screen by one-touch operation. These functions reduce the measuring time lag as well as errors and dispersions due to blinking or movement, and the patient workflow is optimised.
- Reliable touch sensor & digital limiter features are an extra safety for patients; the sensor has a digital limiter that keeps the measuring head to a safe distance. If the measuring nozzle touches the patient, the touch sensor activates and stops the measuring head instantly.
- Constant air pressure, with a regulatory control system for the air pressure; therefore, the air pressure is stabilised. By ensuring constant measuring conditions, the results are also accurate.
User-friendly touch screen and easy maintenance features
- 5.7inch colour TFT LCD touch screen, with easy to understand icons minimises the examination time
- Correction of intraocular pressure, with quick buttons that allow to delete and correct data instantly
- Minimal cleaning necessary, the optical components are located behind the nozzle and are protected from dirt; therefore the device is easy to maintain
Remember that regular eye checks are indispensable, don’t miss your eye health check appointment with your local optometrist or ophthalmologist!
To find out more about January Glaucoma Awareness Month, click here.
The image shown in this post is an image of the TAKAGI SNT-700 Soft Non-contact Tonometer.
More on eye diseases & diagnostic devices will follow in our next posts. Keep an eye on our social feed!